Common Questions - and Answers - About this Site:
- How do I create a website account?
- How do I get "church member" status for my account?
- How does a "church member" account differ from a regular account?
- I tried to register, but keep getting a message that my password isn't strong enough...but I don't want to create a more complex password, because it's too hard to remember.
- I didn't get a confirmation of my registration - how do I know my account is active?
- How do I know if my "member" status has been approved?
- I forgot my password.
- I'm not currently a member, but was a member (or employee) for many years. Is there a way I can access the "members-only" files, such as the newsletter archive?
- I'm not a church member but used to get the e-mailed link to the newsletter PDF each month. I'd still like to read them, but it looks like I'm locked out now.
- I'm a church member and got an e-mail from the church telling me to log in with my e-mail address and password, but it doesn't work and I can't get in to read the members-only newsletter PDF files.
- I have a website user name and password, but I still can't log in.
- Why can't I log into the donation site with my website account information?
OK, I've read all this and you still haven't answered my question. Now what?
To create a website account, click "Log In" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. When the white pop-up box appears, click "Create an Account" and follow the directions from there.
All new accounts are verified by the webmaster and checked against the most recent church member directory. If your name appears in the current member directory, you will be automatically upgraded to "church member" status. To make it easier for us to verify your member status, please use your name somewhere in your profie when you create your website account (it's much easier to verify "John Smith" as a member than "js2161.") If you have joined the church since the last directory was published, please e-mail email@example.com and let us know that you do qualify for a member-level account. We'll verify this with the church office and upgrade your status.
People with "church member" accounts can view items in the "For Members" area. This includes the full PDF version of the monthly newsletters, weekly announcements, classified ads and more.
The password warning is advisory only. You can ignore the warning and use a simpler password if you choose to.
You may be using the wrong password. At the beginning of each month, everyone on our firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list (the list we use to send out weekly announcements and the links to our newsletters each month) receives a reminder note about their mailing list subscription and the advice to log in with their e-mail address and password (which is provided in the note) to manage the details of their subscription.
Please note, however, that this monthly reminder message applies only to mailing list log-ins...not to website log-ins. The mailing list and its passwords are completely separate from the uusm.org website. To access the members-only PDF versions of our newsletters, which are stored on the website, you must log in to the website (not the mailing list service), with your website-specific password. The mailing list password won't work.
To set up a website account, if you do not already have one, go to http://www.uusm.org and click on the "Log In" link in the top right-hand corner of the page. Then click "Create an Account" and follow the instructions from there (you will provide your e-mail address, and you will create your own user name and password). After your website account is created and verified, you'll be able to access the members-only links to the PDF versions of the newsletter.
Please note that both user names and passwords are case sensitive. So if your user name is "John Smith," you must type it exactly like that. "JohnSmith" won't work, and neither will "johh smith," "johnsmith" or any other variant. The same is true for passwords.
Donations are processed by an outside company, which requires its own set of user IDs and passwords. When you click on our "Make a Donation" link, you will be taken to the outside site, where you will be asked to create a new ID and password exclusively for that site.
Please e-mail email@example.com and we'll try to help. We may even post the answer here after helping you, so others can benefit from your experience.